Following are the steps to access the reading settings −
Step (1) − Click on Settings → Reading option in WordPress.
Step(2) − The Reading Settings page is displayed as shown in the following screen.
The following are the details of the fields in reading settings.
- Frontpage displays − This section is used to display the front page in any of the following formats −
- Your latest posts − It displays latest posts on the front page.
- A static page − It displays the static pages on the front page.
- FrontPage − You can select the actual page you want to display on the front page from the drop-down.
- Posts Page − You can select the page from the drop-down which contains posts.
- Blog pages show at most − The number of posts to be displayed per page or site. By default, it is set as 10.
- Syndication feeds show the most recent − The user can view the number of posts when they download one of the sites feeds. By default, it is set as 10.
- For each article in a feed, show − This section is used to display the post by selecting any of the following formats −
- Full Text − It displays the complete post. It is set as default.
- Summary − It displays the summary of the post.
- Search Engine Visibility − After clicking on the checkbox, Discourage search engines from indexing this site, your site will be ignored by the search engine.
Step(3) − After filling all the information, click on the Save Changes button to save your Reading Setting information.