The correct way to use a pulse oximeter:
1. Make sure your hand is relaxed, warm, and just below the heart
2. Pulse oximeter measures the oxygen level of our blood with the help of light. So using a pulse oximeter in direct sunlight may not give accurate readings.
2. If there is nail polish on the finger of the finger you want to test, remove it with a 'nail polish remover'.
3. The company you buy the device from will get a guide with the device Read the instructions before using the device.
4. Wait at least 2 minutes to get a stable reading
5. Always keep your readings on a piece of paper or somewhere else with the time and date so that the doctor can make further decisions based on your readings.
If the reading goes below 89%, it may indicate disease in your heart or lungs. Constant readings below 89% are a potential health hazard. So it is important to take the help of a doctor in this situation
Factors that can prevent you from getting an accurate reading include:
1. nail polish
2. Directly intense light
2. unclean nails
3. Cigarette use
5. Skin density.
6. skin temperature
8. If the speed of blood circulating in the body is low
You must be logged in to post a comment.