WordPress is currently the most popular blog publishing application and powerful content management system (CMS), open-source blogging software developed by PHP and MySQL. WordPress was initially a free blogging platform that later built an engine and began downloading it for free to give any blogger access. WordPress makes it possible to create a professional quality website without any knowledge of PHP, MySQL, or HTML. It was first published by Matt Mullenweg on May 26, 2003. As of January 2012, WordPress 3.4 version has been downloaded more than 30 million times.
An open technology blogging software developed by PHP and MySQL. It is currently the most popular content management system (CMS), and is used by 12% of the world’s top 4,00,000 websites.
It was first published by Matt Mullenweg on May 26, 2003. As of August 2010, the latest version of WordPress has been downloaded more than 3.0125 million times.
Special features of WordPress
- The software is open source and can be downloaded and used for free.
- It is possible to create a blogging website using WordPress without any knowledge of PHP and HTML.
- Plugins that can be installed to make the website more automated.
- Blog post and static page facility.
- Community blogging facility.
- Also free themes, plugins available.
- Being a Content Management System (CMS), any information can be easily changed, augmented, added, or subtracted. That means you can work independently.
- WordPress is user friendly and easy to use, using search engine optimization methods, and so on.
- Search engine friendly.
- Free WordPress Download: You can download WordPress from www.wordpress.org/download.
Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How to choose the best WordPress friendly hosting service
There are usually thousands of WordPress friendly hosting service providers online. So choosing the best WordPress friendly hosting service for your website can be a daunting task. So take a look at the features below to decide on this. Which will go a long way in choosing the best WordPress hosting for your website:
1. Affordable price: Keep in mind that you should not buy low-quality hosting if you fall into the trap of affordable prices.
2. Uptime and User Control Panel: Learn about the best uptime, simple, and easy setup user control panel.
3. Unlimited Brandwidth and Fast Speed: Check disk space, bandwidth, and server performance.
4. Backup: Find out about their backup plan.
5. Best Customer Support: Check the customer support in a good way.
7. Improved security: Ask about ensuring maximum security or high security.
6. 30 days money-back guarantee: Before buying, make sure that the company is giving you a money-back guarantee.
Now, ask yourself, “Are all these features important for your website at all?” If it is important then you can keep these things in mind while choosing.